Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A day as a Journey...

       





      What is a journey?  It could be a band, a song or even a term used in everyday life.  This word is defined by The Free Dictionary as "The act of traveling from a place to another, a trip".  Normally people think that it means to go to another place or  country . To others is simply to start something new or let something go. But for me is about the spiritual journey and what part of this change affected my life and those around me.

      When my professor assigned me to start to write in my journal the first thing I thought was, what could I write about that would be interesting to others? It then came to my mind that it wasn't about me but about the things that one see as the eyes of a traveler.  

      One day I started to walk and closed my eyes to see what blind people see when they walk without their vision. The only way I could do it without falling was to count my steps and have my friend help me by guiding me. I noticed that their lives are not easy and that one should help another person when  given the chance.          

                     
             That same day I started to walk around the university and some flashbacks came back from the first day I started the University. I was so scared about what the people would have done and to know where the classrooms were located. If I was from another country I would've been so afraid because the people spoke another language and the University was so big that I don't know if I could find my way around.  Also making friends is not an easy task.

    All of these experiences made me realize that when I normally walk I see, but I don't observe. That's something we all should improve to have a better future.

    
















1 comment:

  1. We usually follow our daily routines and do not take notice at what is going on around us, but when we are traveling we take notice of even the smallest thing because we are in a new place and we know that maybe we wont visit again. We should take wonder on all the things that are going on around us and maybe we will discover new things that where right under our noses.

    ReplyDelete