Friday, April 19, 2013

Chasing Liberty...

    Have you gone to places just wanting to get out of your routine? Just trying to fly away and discover places without any troubles or discrepancies. Well my friend you have come to the right place and time; imagine being the daughter of the most important man on earth.  This is the case of the movie Chasing Liberty  by Andy Cadiff in 2004.


    

   Anna Foster is the daughter the president of the United States of America. This means no ordinary  life, no parties, no hanging out without having someone following her all around. When she gets tired one night of this and can't take it no more, she does what any other teenage girl would've done...escape. When going on a concert in Prague she paints her hair and changes clothes with her friend, causing the agents to be confused. When they realize she's gone its to late because she's already with an stranger that's guiding her. The movie gets more interesting when its revealed that the stranger Ben Calder it's actually an agent that works for her father.  The president then creates a plot:  he's going to let Anna enjoy her liberty with Ben because this way he can monitor her without she realizing it. And thus our story begin!


 

  They start to fall madly in love while visiting all of Europe.  Their adventure is  by train, motorcycle,  gondolas and even bungee jumping! Ben and Anna start to let go of their personalities to try and enjoy each other and the cultures they see. Their external journeys is what makes them change and start to comprehend that things in life can be fun and easygoing. Anna starts to be more adventurous and daring while Ben is less worried, focusing more in what life can offer.  At the end of the movie both have gone trough some internal journeys that changed them forever.

   This movie instantly became one of my favorites when I saw it. I felt so identified with Anna because many times I hide in my shell and it's so difficult for me to get out. But as I started to analyze I noticed that if one gets out then more people can know you and then you slowly start to confide in others. Also she didn't care what other thought at the end and that was my motivation to do the things that I love without being afraid of the outcome. The movie inspired me to let go of my fears and try new things because we only have one life and the opportunities maybe come only once.

   If you haven't seen the movie, what are you waiting for? It's a really well done movie that's going to move you and even inspire you. I recommend it and also say that if you haven't gotten your adventure yet, then get out and start to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment