Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The conference, success or what?

     When the teacher said that some students will be picked to present in front of the classroom our papers I thought: "Please don't be me, please don't be me". It wasn't because I was afraid, on the contrary because I was so overwhelmed that I believed I will do it bad. But I'm glad she didn't chose me because the ones who did it, made a perfect job.

    As she started to call out the names of the students that had to present I wasn't surprised. Those who were chosen always spoke on class and had the habit of speaking clearly. When I was reunited with some of them to read out loud their papers I started to feel that they were perfect for the role. They had a clear way of speaking and even their words came to me. 

   When I arrived at the auditorium I felt as if I was in the wrong place. There was nobody outside and inside the auditory there was only three tables one beside another with the students reading. I thought  that in the place I was to be, there was going to be a stage present. Also there was food outside which made me believe that it was definitely a party. As I was about to leave, some of my classmates arrived and then I looked through the door and saw the professor.


   Some of the students started to read outside to practice and I started to get more nervous than they were. When they started to read out loud their papers I felt as if I was in other part. They spoke really well in English and made clear all of their points, none of them had any flaws.  All of them were dressed so elegantly that I felt out of place. They behaved so calmly and professional that I felt proud of them. What made me most impacted was the fact that although the auditory was full with people from other classes they could perform without any problems.


    The activity was a really great success  The students impressed the others and I have to say that I have never attended anything like it before. If I was in their positions I think that I would've done badly without any doubt. I felt really glad to be present and hear their words.

No comments:

Post a Comment