Sunday, April 21, 2013

The end or not?



 When I heard the name of the class "Journey in Literature" I thought that it was going to be another boring class. The class didn't start on the right foot to say so, we had other professor and then it was changed. The classrooms were changed and even some of my friends had to leave the class because of the itinerary  All of these made me think and doubt if I was in the right track. But it turns out that I was wrong.

   When the teacher arrived my first thought was: "Okay, she seems nice." But then she came with all of those  books and I said "There we go, everything can change!". As she started to describe the course then I fell in love with the class and everything. When she said that we had to write a journal I thought that it will help me to develop my writing skills. When she mentioned the movies we had to see I felt better because they weren't so old like other professors and I had seem some that were actually great. The books were what made me doubt because some were pretty fun but others not so much.

    When I saw my classmates I was actually pretty relax. Armando and Siule were friends of my sister that I had met previously and it was a relief when I saw them. When we were paired in different groups that was what made me really excited. I got to know wonderful people that were really great speaking and working together. When we did the oral presentations it helped me to lose my fear of speaking in front of everybody and simply say what I had to say without any problems.

   What was really unique and still is in my mind are the different journeys that the people explored or when trough.  When the professor expressed all of her experienced in the army and with her mom, my only comment was: "I want to know more!". When Beatriz told her experience on going through all of Europe I decided that I want to do that. When all of my classmates told all of their journeys it really helped me to open my mind and think of what I want to do with my life.

   The class has been a journey itself. I had met wonderful people and experienced some journeys just by simply hearing the others. It has helped me to grow as a person and it turns out to be one of the best classes I've taken during my college experience. It's really is a Journey in Literature becuase we learned while reading books and seeing movies.  I'm starting to regret that it's going to end so soon! But as the name of our group says : Bon Vogage! Arrivederchi! Adios! Goodbye!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment