Monday, April 22, 2013

UPRRP...the creator of my dreams, my new home!

   


    When I was accepted to the IUPI I thought: "Great, now who's going to pick me as a prepa?" I had heard some stories about what they did to the incoming freshman and that was my biggest fear. Not only that but also the fact that I was starting a new face of my life; I was going to be free of all the pressure and the constant command of adults.



    I was so happy to be accepted in the University that both of my parents went to and also to the fact that I could do whatever that I liked. There would not be any pressure as if I had to do this or that or simply study, I could do it at my own pace. My major worry was that I could become really vague and don't do anything because of so much freedom.

   As I started to attend the classes and I noticed that the material wasn't anything easy, that's when I got really serious. I studied well and did all of the things I could with time. In this new experience I got to meet so many new friends and people that were willing to let me into their lifestyle that I was really overwhelmed. This people treated me as someone special and also helped me with this new discovery. They helped me to grow as a person and as a student.

   I have so many anecdotes that just writing about it will not be enough. I went to the "Justas" with people that I knew just last semester and it was a wonderful experience. I got to know one of my new best friends here in the University and I also got the wonderful sensation of having my first car while attending college. Some new discoveries and great experiences where while trying to get used to the idea of having a new area of study and the responsibilities it brought.

    I have to say that in the short first year that I have in the university I have many stories that could serve for a movie. I discovered new hobbies and also how to enjoy the best and bring the positive of the bad experiences. Many of my internal and external journeys are due to the fact that I attended this college. I can say that I do not regret the decision of leaving for the United States and staying here. Who would have thought that?


1 comment: